Saturday, September 7, 2013

Who do you love more?

I undoubtedly asked my parents this question. My daughters will undoubtedly ask me this question. My mom’s response was, “I love you each differently.” My response to my daughters will be the same.

This past was week the first week of classes for the fall semester, and the week before that was MBA orientation. So last week was the departure from the comfort of our summer LGO teams to our MBA core teams.
 
I compare my summer LGO team to my almost-two-year-old daughter, Olivia, and my new MBA core team to my two-month old, Emily. I love Olivia unconditionally. We have developed a great relationship and we have a special way of interacting. She is my first child and will always hold that special place. I also love Emily unconditionally. With her, it is a newer love with excitement about experiencing a relationship with her and incorporating what I learned from my relationship with Olivia. I don’t love one daughter more than the other. My love for each is different, and my capacity to love has grown.
 
Similarly, I don’t “love” my summer LGO team more than my MBA core team. Rather, the LGO team is special to me and I am grateful for the relationships that I developed with my classmates. I hope to apply what I learned in my LGO team to my MBA core team. The LGO team allowed me to grow personally and my MBA core team will allow me to increase my capacity to learn. I could extend this analogy to my entire LGO class and my entire MBA class.
 
So I’m excited about the fall semester and look forward to the chance to get even closer with my summer LGO team and build great relationships with my MBA core team.


No comments:

Post a Comment